Talk

Advanced search

Help do we go for it?

(4 Posts)
rowrowrowyourboat Thu 01-Oct-09 12:37:23

DD1 is just 2 hates having her nappy changed wants to use the potty but doesn't tell us in advance that she needs a wee.
So do I give her a couple of days to see if she gets it or is it not worth the grief?
(DD2 is 8 weeks, breast fed and not sleeping through yet.)

EccentricaGallumbits Thu 01-Oct-09 22:40:09

yes. go for it.

nigglewiggle Thu 01-Oct-09 22:41:43

What do you mean she wants to use the potty, but doesn't know in advance? Do you mean she just likes sitting on it? If so, I'd let her get on with it as part of the familiarisation process, but I wouldn't rush to potty train in view of your other priorities.

Just let her have a go if she wants and when things have settled for you in a few weeks, perhaps give training a go.

rowrowrowyourboat Fri 02-Oct-09 15:44:13

When I say she wants to use the potty, I mean she wants out of nappies. The fights over nappy changes are unreally, flaying her alive would probably get a calmer, happier response from her. Also she's start to just take her nappy off and run for it.

She is trying to tell us so she is becoming aware brfore she needs to wee. My Mum took her out without a nappy yesterday, just see how it went and she did go to the toilets and sat on the loo but then ran out of patients after 30 seconds and wet herself on the way back to the playground sad. She did try three time when out but didn't quite make it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now