Talk

Advanced search

Normal pull up's, are they ok for nighttime?

(10 Posts)
waitingforbetterdays Mon 28-Sep-09 08:29:31

DD is fine during the day but at night time keeps getting out of bed to use the potty. A few nights ago I put a swimming nappy on her for bed, so I could esily pull it up and down. And an hour later the bed was very wet.

I ave seen they sell night pull ups, does this mean the day ones are defintly not strong enough for nighttime?

As dd only ever wears nappies at nightttime, I dont really want to spend £5 for about 12 pull up nappies. Has anyone tried any cheaper pull ups that are ok? As I sat dd still wees quite abit at nighttime.

rubyslippers Mon 28-Sep-09 08:38:13

DS wears nappies at night

Pull ups (even the night time ones) are not good enough at containg the wee

StillSquiffy Mon 28-Sep-09 08:41:56

We use normal pull-ups without a problem for DD at night-time.

mejon Mon 28-Sep-09 11:43:18

Swimming nappies aren't designed to hold the wee in - the wee (as you discovered) just seeps out as they are only meant to hold poo in.

DD is dry during the day and much drier at night (but not completely) depending on how soon after bedtime milk she gets into bed. I have some Pampers pull-ups left over from pre-nappy training and they are fine overnight. Supermarket own brand or Boots ones are around £4.00/£5.00 for 20 or so nappies and Pampers/Huggies tend to be about a £1 more for around the same number.

FifiForgot Mon 28-Sep-09 13:04:19

We use left-over huggies little walkers for DD at night, mainly because I ran out of "proper" nappies and couldn't be bothered to buy more when I had a whole packet of pull ups in the cupboard. They are fine and seem to contain everything until she gets up.

Seona1973 Mon 28-Sep-09 19:43:51

swim nappies are only for containing poo and will not hold pee at all. I used pull ups for both dd and ds for a while at night although with ds I found normal nappies contained the pee better.

waitingforbetterdays Mon 28-Sep-09 22:18:14

Thank you for the replies eveyone, I think I will get pull ups. But glad I checked first as dont want to buy a pack then thy do not work either....

stealthsquiggle Mon 28-Sep-09 22:22:33

pull-ups are definitely fine for DD at night time and the special 'pyjama pants' ones are a rip-off unless your DC is too big to fit normal pull-ups, in which case you are left with little choice.

One further thing - the difference between branded and cheap nappies, IME, is that the cheap ones are bulkier - which doesn't matter nearly as much if they are only wearing them at night.

Danthe4th Mon 28-Sep-09 22:29:57

I use nappy pants, tescos own brand, I don't bother with pull ups or pyjama pants just a waste of money.

waitingforbetterdays Tue 29-Sep-09 23:05:35

I might try tescos then.

When dd was still in nappies I always used pampers as anything never held enough wee, but recently I bought asdas own brand and they were about £1.50 for 20. And they do ust fine, but would prefer a pull up version. So will def look in tesco...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now