Talk

Advanced search

Someone talk to me about potty training when you child seems ready - but you're not......

(8 Posts)
alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 14:39:12

as DS3 seems determined not to wear a nappy today, has just wee-ed on the floor, but is now sat on the potty.

I'm really not up to potty training right now.........

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 14:41:39

how old is he?
i wouldnt try and potty train him, like no more nappies, but i would definitley follow his lead and let him sit on it regularly and have lots of nappy off time and see how he goes.

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 14:42:59

he's 2 1/4, a month or so younger than when DS2 potty trained (but nearly a year younger than when DS1 was when he cracked it).

I just don't have the energy for cleaning wees off the carpet......

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 14:45:01

don't even have the energy to keep encouragig him to sit on the potty. No..............not now please.

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 14:53:30

ok - I followed his lead - he wanted to go in the garden, told him he had to get dressed and he wanted a nappy - phew.

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 15:44:02

i did a slow start with dd letting her sit on before bath and in the morning and then letting her have hour nappy free morning and night, then pullups and offer potty regular, then finally bare bum potty training, i found a slow build up helped.
i would let him use it when he wants though to keep his interest.

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 15:45:59

maybe in another week or two I'll be up to prolonged periods with no nappy. But honestly, I've barel got the energy/motivation to keep more than a clear run between the living room and kitchen let alone run around cleaning up wee off the carpet.

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 15:48:50

fair enough, a few weeks wont hurt wil they smile, if you are stressed and busy then it wouldnt be a good time. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now