Talk

Advanced search

getting dry at night.

(6 Posts)
shelleylou Mon 14-Sep-09 09:27:18

Ds is dry throughout the day. The past 2 nights he has been dry first with a nappy and last night in just pjs.I woke him slightly last night to use the potty but dont think i really needed to. Is there anything i should be doing to help/get him dry during the night.
TIA

Seona1973 Mon 14-Sep-09 12:47:51

what age is he? DS was out of nappies at night at 2 1/2. He had been having dry nappies for a few weeks so we decided to ditch them. We dont lift him for the toilet and he gets up in the night for a wee if he needs it. I didnt need to do anything but follow his cues.

shelleylou Mon 14-Sep-09 17:06:54

hes 2.10. Been using the potty for ages during the day as long as he didnt have anything on now hes completely grasped being dry during the day and last night said, 'mummy no more nappies'

ThisBoyDerekDrew Mon 14-Sep-09 17:15:00

It will happen when it happens.

Not an awful lot you can do to encourage it. Just make sure he goes to teh toilet before he goes to bed. Avoiding red/dark coloured juices can help as they can stimulate the bladder.

IME though once they have gone one or 2 nights dry then it is a v good sign. Personally I would stick with nappies for another week or two and then finish the pack of nappies I had and then go bare bum. Having said that I like an easy life and didn't want to be stripping beds in the middle of the night.

reikizen Mon 14-Sep-09 17:26:55

I just put my first on the loo when I went to bed and that did her. After a while I stopped doing that and she either woke me up to take her for a wee or lasted the night. Am doing the same with dd2 atm, she's 2.5, earlier than I did it with dd1 but she didn't want to wear a nappy anymore. There will always be accidents, especially if they are ill in my experience but I have been lucky I think. Some people I know are still trying to get their lo's dry at 5 and 6.

shelleylou Mon 14-Sep-09 23:59:28

He went earlier on as he couldnt get sleep at his normal time. Have left him so far been up to check on him and he didnt want/need to go. so fingers crossed hes still dry in the morning. Mum says ds takes after me as i refused nappies then was dry straight away, i dont think i can be that lucky but he is as stubborn as i am so who knows

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now