Talk

Advanced search

Night time regression .. do I go back to nappies??

(5 Posts)
rebeccaw Fri 11-Sep-09 12:59:35

Hiya,

My 4.5 year old has been out of night nappies for a couple of months - it's not been dead perfect; we've had a wet bed once every 10 days/fortnight, but certainly been good enough for me not to worry about it.

But he started school last week and since then it's been a disaster with a lot of wet nights. And he wet twice last night.

He is absolutely adamant that he does not want to go back in to nappies. So do I ride it out, and wait for it to settle down or do I say tough, and put him back in to nappies until he's more reliably dry?? My inclination is to get the nappies back on, but there will be a fight every night over it... Thoughts please!

SlartyBartFast Fri 11-Sep-09 13:01:45

i shoudl think starting term is always going to cause problems in a newly dry at night chidl.

do you have bed protector, and would he be happy to be wet/have a shower or wash eveyr morning?

i would go without nappies for the time being myself

dinkystinky Fri 11-Sep-09 13:01:48

I'd say ride it out (but put the waterproof sheets over his normal sheets so you can change them quickly) or try dry nite pj bottoms (less nappy like so he may tolerate them)- he's shattered after school and probably just too tired to get up to go the loo. In a month or so he should have adjusted.

rebeccaw Fri 11-Sep-09 13:10:27

Got the bed protector, so perhaps I just go back to being extra careful about drinks after 5.30pm and last, last wees and be patient. I guess I don't want to make him feel like a 'baby' when I'm expecting him to live up to the new challenges of big school. Will check out the dry nites too.

ches Sat 12-Sep-09 03:11:39

I would not put him back in nappies, especially because he is reluctant. Just get him to help strip the bed when he wets and let him sleep on a towel until morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now