Talk

Advanced search

Potette plus or alternative?

(6 Posts)
Swaliswan Wed 26-Aug-09 10:33:35

I've heard great things about the potette plus but wondered if it really is necessary. Also, could someone please tell me how tall it is when it is in potty mode, how comfortable it seems and if it slips when used as a trainer seat?

I know other people just cart a potty around but what in earth do you do with the contents?

DD is still very early on in PT so needs to go NOW. I don't know how long this lasts for but don't want to ruin her confidence.

TIA

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 26-Aug-09 10:38:25

We found it v useful for a short period of time. Not mega comfy and really only suitable for a small botty. Can be slippy on tiles.

However, it absorbs all sound, so your ds could use in the cinema with all discretion if desperate grin

jeee Wed 26-Aug-09 10:46:18

I carry a potty around (only for a couple of weeks in v. early days of potty training - currently at that stage with DC4). If you have a couple of nappies with you, and nowhere obvious to dispose of potty contents put a nappy in potty where it soaks everything up. I really don't think a potette is necessary.

nikki220889 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:21:47

i tried the potette but found it a bit flimsy and the bags were expensive. i have just found an alternative potty at john lewis called my carry potty. you dont need to buy any bags for it as it has a lid which you can shut to hold the contents in and it is completely leak proof and most of all my son loves taking it everywhere with him. i would highly recommend it. hope this helps.

allaboutme Tue 08-Sep-09 19:23:36

pottette very handy for those early days and folds up to fit in your bag so much easier to carry around!
I used cheap sanitary towels in a nappy sack instead of the bags when they ran out

jetonthedancefloor Fri 16-Oct-09 18:01:50

i went to mothercare to buy a pottette, and found they had their own version, at £6 ish, so a lot cheaper than the branded onesmile

Takes the normal potette liners as well, but i am liking the idea of nappy bags plus liner as a cheaper alternitive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now