Talk

Advanced search

Reward charts and potty training?

(5 Posts)
kwaker5 Tue 25-Aug-09 13:43:34

DS is 2.10 and I'm planning to start training him in about a month's time.

Should I just start and see how we get on or is it worth going down the reward chart route from the beginning?

I've never used a reward chart before - any advice on how it might work best for potty training? Do they need 'weaning' off them or will I still be giving him stickers for doing a poo when he's 10?!

thisisyesterday Tue 25-Aug-09 13:45:45

i wouldn't use a chart.
if he is ready to train then it really should be fairly easy

Habbibu Tue 25-Aug-09 14:21:45

We used chocolate buttons and stickers with dd - no chart, though - and gradually just forgot to offer, and she forgot to ask.

midnightexpress Tue 25-Aug-09 14:27:25

We used a chart both times, but it was all a bit jazz after the first couple of days - some of the stickers on their t-shirts, some of them on the wrong days yadda yadda. And then it all got forgotten about quite quickly. No chocs/rewards apart from that though, but we got ds2 a big pressie (he was desperate for a bike) once he cracked it. He immediately reverted to pooing in his pants for a few days once he got the swag. This is more a reflection of ds2's personality than anything else. He's a bit fly. grin

mum2oneloudbaby Wed 02-Sep-09 11:19:59

I have used stickers and it seems to be working but then my dd adores stickers. we made a chart together simply poos on the left wees on the right with lots of scribbling and colouring all over it. She likes sticking the stars on after she has been on the loo and counts the stickers every now and again. Whether it's helping with the training I don't know but she likes it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now