Talk

Advanced search

take out of nursery to start potty training?

(6 Posts)
magnummum Tue 25-Aug-09 08:31:49

Above says it all really. Am thinking about potty training dd1 and though she usually goes to nursery 1 1/2 days a week was wondering if we should keep her home so she has a full week here with us to get used to no nappies? Or, do we just tell the nursery that we have started and let them get on with it? Any advice on what other mums have done would be much appreciated!

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 08:43:28

How old is she? What signs make you think she is ready for potty training?

magnummum Tue 25-Aug-09 09:03:09

She has just turned 3 - says she doesn't want to wear nappies anymore, likes sitting on the loo (have a child seat as she said she wanted a potty about 6 months ago and then ignored it and I would rather train her to use the loo straight away rather than starting with a potty), will tell you when she has done something. Would have tried earlier but have 15 week old twins, the arrival of which has obviously been a big upheaval to her but we seem a bit more sorted now. She has also just become aware of a couple of her good friends being toilet trained and wants to be like them, so I think the signs are good.

Hulababy Tue 25-Aug-09 09:12:21

DD decided to PT herself and took the lead. We had three days at home to sort it before nursery. By day 3 she was dry with no more accidents. I just told nursery what we had done, took DD's potty with us (DD was adament she had a special potty which she liked to put a sticker onto directly after each wee/poo) and a bunch of stickers. Nursery happily followed our (or rather DDs) lead and there were no problems. After a couple of week's DD started using the nursery poty and toilets happily too.

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:09:06

It might happen very easily then. I would start her off at home and get nursery involved. Peer pressure is great for toilet training.

bubblagirl Tue 25-Aug-09 11:17:00

i sent ds into pre school with bag of clean clothes he went to toilet when they took him and he didnt once come out wet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now