Talk

Advanced search

3 year old starting school, potty trained, but I still wipe his bum is this ok

(5 Posts)
slushy06 Sat 22-Aug-09 13:27:57

My sil says he will get picked on and her son has been doing it all since he was 2. My son is dry night and day and never has an accident however when he has a poo he runs out of the toilet naked from the waist down bends over for me to wipe.

It just occured to me the other day is the nursery teacher going to have a problem with this. I thought this was normal at 3.

If not any suggestions on how to teach him to wipe himself.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 22-Aug-09 13:29:41

Totally normal imo to be 3 and still need help. Aim for him to be able to do it when he starts primary school as the staff can't help there. Some 3 year olds are still in nappies and your sil is talking crap.

purepurple Sat 22-Aug-09 13:32:05

I can't see the nursery teacher wiping his bottom.
I think they will remind him to do it himself.
You will have to put up with some skiddy pants till he has mastered it.
If he is at a nursery school, the ratio is probably 1 teacher to 13 children. Not much time to wipe bums.
If it is a private day nursery, then you can ask them to wipe his bum.

foxinsocks Sat 22-Aug-09 13:34:13

yes def sil talking crap

both mine started reception with v dubious bum wiping abilities (and are still quite bad at it!0 so would totally expect nursery aged children to be like this

teach him to try to do it himself but don't expect for him to do it even half as well as you do!

slushy06 Sat 22-Aug-09 13:42:08

I will try to teach him to wipe. Thanks You have put my mind at rest but he is very fussy about being clean which is why I havn't taught him yet he asks me to wipe the bottom of his shoes as they are dirty he can't grasp that they will always be dirty very annoying most of the time I don't know where he got it from though as I am certainly not obsessive over cleanliness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now