Talk

Advanced search

Ds still not fully toilet trained

(9 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician Tue 11-Aug-09 17:32:29

Hi all my ds2 is 3.3 years.He is using the toilet for wees but asks me to go with him which is fair enough as he isnt used to it yet.However i can not get him to use the toilet when he poos.Its awful having to clean him up all the time i mean he doesnt even tell me he has done it.Nursery arent being much help and im sick of being sent home with bags of poo.I mean i work in a nursery and we wash the clothes if a child has an accident.

Any advice?

castlesintheair Tue 11-Aug-09 17:35:20

Does he know when he is doing a poo?

BeauticianNotMagician Tue 11-Aug-09 17:40:10

Yes he does but he hides it because i can only presume he doesnt want to use the toilet.

castlesintheair Tue 11-Aug-09 17:44:18

Sorry no advice then apart from can you keep him in pull-ups at nursery to avoid the mess and keep encouraging at home?

castille Tue 11-Aug-09 17:47:24

No advice but sympathy as we have the same problem here with DS who is just 3. He waits for his bedtime/naptime nappy to poo, all the time.

No idea what to do but I'm hoping he'll just grow out of it...

BeauticianNotMagician Tue 11-Aug-09 17:53:44

I have thought about putting him in pull ups at nursery but then im worried he will wee in them as well.

I thought he would pick up toilet training so easily as well as he has an older brother.No such luck though.He is incredibly lazy though.smile

jay11 Wed 12-Aug-09 15:11:59

Will he poo in a pull up/nappy. You could tell him its ok to use one for poos (only) then when he's ok with this, put an open one in a potty for him to use and show him where it goes - gradually move him to using the toilet.

Perhaps I'm scraping the barrel here lol!

BeauticianNotMagician Wed 12-Aug-09 20:20:41

Lol jay11.
Well a miracle occured this afternoon he went to the toilet for a poo.So strange like he knows im speaking about him on here.I tried saying to him that if he didnt poo on the toilet then he would have to go back in with the babies at nursery as only babies use nappies.Dont know if it was that worked or fact i put him in a pull up today which stayed dry and clean.

jay11 Wed 12-Aug-09 21:00:17

That's brilliant! I guess sometimes it's as easy as backing off and letting things take their course. Glad you didn't have to resort to my hair brained idea!! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: