Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly regressed months

(4 Posts)
NoseyHelen Mon 10-Aug-09 17:57:21

DD, almost 3, has been daytime dry since January. Over the last week she has been wetting herself (not a full) in her knickers 1-3 times a day. This is not a UTI because she is fine with CM and DH. I assume this is behavioural. I am doing mybest not to blow my top but I am getting very annoyed inside because I know she is passed potty training. What do I do?

jay11 Mon 10-Aug-09 18:02:03

Hi, this happened with my dd1 who was trained at 22months and regressed twice at 2.6 and 3.6. The second time she would not use the toilet at all. I found it very hard not to get crossed and had to go back to star charts/rewards for going in the toilet - it worked a treat!

NoseyHelen Tue 11-Aug-09 15:10:53

I'm not sure what to reward with a reward chart.
DD knows how to use the toilet she is just choosing to wee in her knickers a little bit before going to the toilet.
She is currently sat in wet knickers and trousers because I am not prepared to change her clothes 3-4 times a day.

jay11 Tue 11-Aug-09 17:59:19

What does she like? Perhaps a little toy at the end of a dribble free day - I read another thread where someone got a job lot of 2nd hand playmobile bits and wrapped them up. Or maybe a sweet? Some kids are just happy with stickers (wish mine were lol).

Don't let her sit around in wet clothes tho, don't think that will help. Honestly, I was at the end of my tether and ended up shouting and sending dd on the naughty step which made matters worse (especially as she just weed on the naughty step too angry). Once I backed off it was less stressful for everyone, me included - I actually said to her 'mummy isn't going to shout anymore and if you have an accident free day you'll get a treat'

Perhaps you should make her change her clothes herself? Just say, you've got wet pants, please put them in the washing machine and get some fresh ones - don't make a big deal of it.

Btw my dd is nearly 7 and hasn't had an accident in years so there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now