Talk

Advanced search

Are we doing well for day 4 of potty training?

(5 Posts)
onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 31-Jul-09 20:39:24

As the title says, today was day 4 of potty training.

I am very pleased with how well DD has been doing. DD (2 years) can now ask for the potty when she needs it by saying 'poo', 'wee' or 'potty'. She is having very few accidents, and her acciednts are only a little tiny bit on the floor before she makes it to the potty.

My concerns were that:

1) She does a small amount of 'dribbly wee' into her pants before she gets to the potty. She doesn't wet the floor or have an accident, and she isn't dribbling all the way to the potty. She seems to do the dribble, then hold the rest until she gets to the potty.

2) She says 'need poo' most of the time, then does a wee not a poo in the potty.

Does this sound fairly normal for this stage? Is there anything I can do to help with the dribble? Or is this just her warning sign?

Thanks for your help.

blissieblue Fri 31-Jul-09 20:45:07

Completely normal - she's doing brilliantly.

My 4 year old DS still "dribbles" in his pants and doesn't always know the difference between having a sore tummy and needing a poo / wee.

DS2, 2.4 is still in nappies.

Don't worry!

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 31-Jul-09 20:53:50

Oh great -thanks for replying blissieblue. It's all new to me! I feel ready for tomorrow again now!

shivster1980 Thu 06-Aug-09 20:38:44

I am in awe. Our son aged 3.2 is only just reliably dry. It took 6 months! As blissie said my son also occasionally 'dribbles' in his pants still too.

OneLittleSpeckledFrog Fri 07-Aug-09 19:57:23

Hi Shivster, thanks for posting. Having read through the posts on this board for the last week I am starting to realise that DD has done fantastically so far, and I am rather lucky! By day 5 she had just completely clicked on the whole thing, and has not looked back since. I realise now it's not always that easy, so am very grateful for this little break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now