Talk

Advanced search

day 3! anyone else just starting potty training?

(6 Posts)
nelix2000 Mon 13-Jul-09 13:22:00

DS is 2.5 this is our 3rd attempt at potty training! had 2 brilliant days when he did all wees in potty bar one which he did on dining tablehmm then today he has had one on the potty another he started weeing then ran to potty with me telling him to run fasterblush lol!...

Doesnt seem to want to poo in it tho! so any advice would be great!!
Also he is not asking to wee(asks for nappy off tho) then holds in in for ages before he will go....he will sit happlily on the potty when I put him on it..he gives very visible singnals of needing to wee so we always catch it

Anyone else just starting out?we can support each othersmile

gorionine Mon 13-Jul-09 13:27:55

I have no advice as DD4 has started 2 weeks ago and seems to be doing really well during the week but on the WE when her siblings are out of school she just refuses to go on the potty and the toilet (with cushiony little toilet seat for her).She goes without problems on both on week days.

I am staring to be a bit worried, maybe she has started a UNION of some sort to lobby against potty training on days off?hmm

nelix2000 Mon 13-Jul-09 14:34:24

lol! maybe she only does monday - friday!wink

Well DS just did his first wee unaided!...never told me he needed, never has, he just sat on potty and peed!!!

gorionine Mon 13-Jul-09 14:42:30

Wow! very independent, I am sure it is agood sign!

kw13 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:27:15

I think (or possibly, hope!) that boys take a little longer to potty train. My DS is 3 next week - and we are in week 2 of potty training. Loves his big boy pants. And as long as I put him on the potty then it's fine. So I put him on sort of every hour and definitely always before a major event (meal or going out). No idea about poo. So far, have had absolutely no success - am just thinking that it comes later. I am firmly in the bribery camp though - a small chocolate star if he wees in the potty or on the loo. Sounds as if you are doing really well so far.

nelix2000 Mon 13-Jul-09 18:24:36

Hi kw13 thanks for the reassurance!

Well I don't know what happened today, but he just started going on his own!!something clicked and he just started peeing and one poo today on potty when I was nowhere near it or him! I am hoping its more than a fluke....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now