Talk

Advanced search

DS will use potty only when no clothes on

(4 Posts)
MrsNoble Thu 28-May-20 10:39:51

I need help, trying to transition to potty full time. He's doing brilliantly when no clothes on. However this is obviously not an option while at nursery etc (lockdown has worked wonders for potty training 😂). Any advice to try and help transition into wearing pants while potty training. He's pretty much nailed it during day without clothes.

I don't want to stress him out. But at the same time don't want to go back a step. Has any one had a similar experience?

OP’s posts: |
MrsWooster Thu 28-May-20 10:42:26

Make a game? “Teddy, on a spare potty, iS going to see if he can do a teddy-wee wearing a ...SOCK! I wonder if you can beat teddy and wear TWO socks..?“

MrsNoble Mon 01-Jun-20 22:42:34

Sorry I should of said, tshirts and socks are fine. Any time of pants trousers or shorts is where we are having the issues! Xx

OP’s posts: |
FromTheAllotment Mon 01-Jun-20 22:53:09

Will nursery consider that a problem? They’ll prefer it over him wetting himself, particularly if he can get undressed/re-dressed with a degree of independence.

I would be inclined to let him carry on until he gets bored of the palaver, myself grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »