Talk

Advanced search

23 month uses potty to pee but only if he has a blanket over his head.

(3 Posts)
Bgogniat Wed 06-May-20 21:39:24

My 23 month old boy has started using the potty to pee. Lately he will only do it if he is covered with a blanket or if his potty is in his play tent. Is this normal? Has anyone dealt with this before? I’m thinking it’s normal to want privacy to use the bathroom but hoping this isn’t going to affect his future. Thanks! smile

OP’s posts: |
theAntsareMyFriends Wed 06-May-20 21:45:09

Its probably not a privacy thing. Children often have weird quirks that they repeat every time they do something and then grow out of suddenly. At that age my DS would only brush his teeth if I pretended he was a gruffalo and at 3 he would only wash his hair if I spoke in a French accent. Neither of those have lasted.

Unless he's getting upset about the idea of people seeing him wee it's probably just of those things.

theAntsareMyFriends Wed 06-May-20 21:47:44

I've also remembered my other DS went through a stage of secretive weeing but that was so he could play with his willy. If I saw him doing it I would tell him not to as he would wee on the floor and his hands so he would think he was being sly by sitting on the potty with his back to me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »