Talk

Advanced search

Keeping them on the potty!

(4 Posts)
itsemily17 Thu 23-Apr-20 13:18:05

Hi

I’m following Gina Ford’s ‘Potty training in 7 days’ (quite misleading title, the first two stages are actually quite a bit longer but anyway...)

The first stage is to get darling daughter to sit on her potty for five minute spells - does anyone have any advice for achieving this? She’s almost 2 and showing every other sign of readiness. I just find she gets distracted, what can I do to help keep her there?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
Judashascomeintosomemoney Thu 23-Apr-20 13:21:31

I used to sit mine on the potty after breakfast, lunch and dinner (using one of the chair type potties) and give them a Cbeebies, or similar, magazine. Worked well. Good luck!

itsemily17 Thu 23-Apr-20 16:30:11

@Judashascomeintosomemoney is this how you started? The book says to start with practice in clothes and make sure she can focus for 5 mins. But I may just skip this. How did you get on with the method you mentioned and how soon did you move on to full on all-day potty training after this? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
nappyfree Wed 06-May-20 13:38:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »