Talk

Advanced search

Three weeks in and still having accidents, am I doing this right?

(2 Posts)
AndSoToBed12 Thu 05-Dec-19 15:30:35

My DS is 3, and at pre school. We started potty training just over three weeks ago. Generally at home, he will sit on his potty and go by himself, at pre school he is constantly asked and taken to his potty. He does however have at least one accident a day, and he won't say he's had an accident either. Today it was on the way home from school, yesterday it was in the evening whilst playing with his toys downstairs and his potty was in the same room.

I did think three weeks in I would have cracked it but I'm still having to remind him to go. Ideally I'd like him to be telling me he needs to go or is it better if they can just take themselves off?

I feel like we are too far down the rabbit hole now and can't go back to nappies, but I need to get a better handle on the situation.

OP’s posts: |
Mylittlepony374 Thu 05-Dec-19 15:44:25

I used the ERIC website when I had questions with potty training my daughter and found it really useful.
I'm really no expert having just trained my daughter in October. She's 99% dry these days but will still have an accident if she's busy playing and forgets. So I presume accidents are normal for a while. ..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »