Talk

Advanced search

Trained at nursery not at home! Help!

(2 Posts)
kanny123 Tue 03-Dec-19 14:42:26

Hi my son is 3.5 years old and i have been trying to potty train him since 4 months. He has been nappy free since end of july. I only put him in a pull up at night. He has never been interested however we have defo got better down to 1 to 2 accidents a day and sometimes he have 1 to 2 days with no accidents. His bladder control also has improved. He started nursery in September first 2 weeks he had accidents there but now he is dry at nursery and whn he needs a wee he takes himself to the toilet so he’s independent at nursery. At home however its a different story he just wont tell me or wont go himslf. He knows what to do and can do it. I have tried everything from
Stickers to bribery but he just doesnt go. I take him every 2 hours he refuses for 15 20 mins and then eventually goes after me not giving him choice. However, sometimes it can b a miss especially when he has drank alot. I dont know what to do.i think hes being lazy. I have spoken to the nursery and they just said we just tell them to go to the toilet and that’s how hes learnt it. I am 35 weeks pregnant and i really
Want him to b trained by the time baby comes. Any suggestions would b appreciated. Thank u

OP’s posts: |
Coldwater777 Fri 13-Dec-19 16:00:34

Can't help unfortunately, but I'm in the same position! My son was fine at home at first, now he just won't tell me he wants to go and gets angry when asked. He's fine with anyone else. You're not alone!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »