Talk

Advanced search

In the playground?

(14 Posts)
grey12 Tue 15-Oct-19 18:53:30

Hi!
DD has been potty trained recently and still doesn't hold on for long (btw how do I encourage that?!)
My husband doesn't agree with what I do... I try to have her pee/poop in a bag. Then just tie the bag and put in the bin.
I think it's cleaner and I personally prefer to letting her pee down her pants/socks/shoes confused walking home would take 10-15min and play time would be over... not good. I think the alternative would be not peeing in a bag but my kids pick flowers and stones from the floor and I wouldn't want to dirty things for another kid (am I overthinking it?.....)
Btw, finding very discreet places in a playground is difficult sad and plus I have a smaller child as well so I have to keep an eye on her.
What do YOU do?!
Thanks

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 15-Oct-19 18:59:18

are there any cafes near, or restaurants? we used to go in, buy a treat (because toilets were for paying customers only) and let dd use the bathroom. i have in recent years however seeing parents take their kids off with one of these, which is a portable potty.

grey12 Tue 15-Oct-19 19:04:42

Thanks for your message!
No cafes or shops near enough

PotteringAlong Tue 15-Oct-19 19:08:32

Outside wee, home to poo.

Yerroblemom1923 Tue 15-Oct-19 19:11:26

Maybe if she's realised the consequences of accidents she'd learn to hold on longer...I know it's unpleasant for all but might just be a learning experience...?

Thesearmsofmine Tue 15-Oct-19 19:13:12

If we are somewhere where there are no available toilets then we go to the edge of the park away from the playground and my dc have a wild wee in a bush. For a poo we would head home.

Get in the habit of them going to the toilet last thing before you leave home.

SuperSleepyBaby Tue 15-Oct-19 19:20:08

You could bring a potty in a bag and when you need to use it - go to a quiet area and hold a blanket or large scarf in front of her so no one can see. If you have a buggy with you, you could use that to hide her from view too.

Greedytiger Tue 15-Oct-19 19:22:40

I have a potette travel potty that has bags that go in and I used it for the first month or so. DS is now fine for an hour park trip if he uses the toilet before we go out.

welshy2240 Tue 15-Oct-19 19:33:14

Try one of these: www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/my-carry-potty-b9464.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjP3chO-e5QIVihnTCh0HyA5zEAQYAyABEgIRTPD_BwE#

I wouldn’t suggest getting her to hold on too long. She could develop a urine infection down the line. I know lots of adults who can’t hold it either!

user1474894224 Tue 15-Oct-19 19:35:30

We used to wee before going out and then in an emergency a wee in a bush. Home to poo. Mostly they didn't need to - the boys find it fun to wee in a bush (still do)...so I didn't want to encourage too much.

EyeDrops Tue 15-Oct-19 19:36:47

I stashed a small potty in the pushchair and used that somewhere discreet. Wee would be tipped out, can't actually remember what I did with poos!

mummymummymummummum Tue 15-Oct-19 19:49:23

Travel potty in a bag under the buggy with some cloth wipes and nappy bags. Wee gets tipped in an appropriate spot, and potty wiped with a wipe. Poo goes in a nappy bag and disposed of in a dog poo bin; potty wiped out again.

More warning will come with time!

grey12 Tue 15-Oct-19 19:58:38

She warns like 20 seconds before a pee or poop... definitely not getting home in time

Halo1234 Tue 15-Oct-19 20:30:38

I would use a pull up for the school run. Encourage her to hold it but worse case accident is contained. But I am all for young kids peeing in a Bush or tree if nature calls. I would do that for a pee and encourage holding in a poo. Whilst having a safety net (pull up) until she is reliable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »