Talk

Advanced search

Can't get her off the potty?

(1 Post)
pschell Sun 22-Sep-19 11:34:48

Trying to potty train my 2 year old and, after months of waiting for her to seem willing, she's finally coming round to the idea. Problem is, when I take her nappy off, she just wants to sit on the potty the whole time. She shuffles around the room while still sitting on it to get toys and she's even played a game of chases with her brother while shuffling away from him. I've tried explaining that she only needs to sit on it when she needs to go but she just sits back down if I take her off. She's happy enough so it's not really a problem but I feel bad that for two days straight now all she's done is sit down! One time yesterday she got up and started playing with some toys, then after about 15 minutes she ran back over to the potty, sat down, and immediately did a pee - I thought this was her realising that she could just return to it when needed but then more of just sitting again today. Any advice would be helpful as I can't seem to see anything online. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »