Talk

Advanced search

Potty training!!! Help!

(3 Posts)
kanny123 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:17:01

Hi. My son is 3 years old and 4 months. I started to potty train him 3 weeks ago. He starts nursery in few weeks. At first he was not interested and i had to take a break twice as he was not happy. Now he will go if i take him most of of the time. Am having two problems, one is that he will not tell me when he needs the toilet its always me guessing and looking out for cues therefore that leads to accidents as well. The second problem is when i make him sit on the toilet him does not press his willy down and neither lets me press it down therefore it ends up on his trousers and mostly on the toilet floor. Can any1 gve me any tips?? Throughout the day he is in his underwear and pants. No nappies or pull ups during the day. Just pull ups at night time. Any help appreciated. Thank u.

OP’s posts: |
cazza7777 Tue 20-Aug-19 18:30:25

With my son..I had a chart so everytime he told me he needed to go and did his business he got a sticker to put on his chart...once he reached the end of the chart he could get a treat.

Also could you try to put something in the toilet? I know sounds daft but maybe if there's a sticker in side. He could try and aim for it? Or a urinal you put on wall for toddlers..

Probably not much use..but I'm sure it will all come good soon especially once he starts seeing other kids his age at school going to the toilet.. xx

cazza7777 Tue 20-Aug-19 18:32:37

Maybe something like this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »