Talk

Advanced search

Weeing here there and everywhere...on purpose

(3 Posts)
user27495824 Sat 10-Aug-19 19:51:39

2.6 year old DS. His sister's trained early, and he has shown signs of readiness for a while. First week of potty training was amazing, he just cracked it straight away. I was idiotically feeling smug about what a breeze it was, and then he started weeing in the potty and then throwing it across the room, at his sister, over his own head even. He also started weeing in things. Toy tea pots, toy boxes, his cups, stray mugs, and proudly showing us. I started a sticker chart where he for a sticker for getting the wee IN the toilet. This improved things drastically but now he has gone back to it full force. The sofa and carpets have been covered in wee and I just don't know what to do anymore. I think putting him back in nappies seems best, but it's frustrating when he has the control and ability. Anyone dealt with this before?

OP’s posts: |
LittleAndOften Sat 10-Aug-19 19:58:29

DS did this. Wrecked our carpets! Ultimately we decided he just wasn't ready so he went back into nappies and we left it for a couple of months. When the time was right he used the potty happily, and graduated to the loo when he started at his childminder's.

user27495824 Thu 22-Aug-19 13:30:32

Thanks Littleandoften. After weeing in his breakfast bowl and his lunch plate I gave up and put him back in nappies yesterday. I think I will just wait until he old enough to bribe more effectively. It is a shame because physically he is ready and has good control.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »