Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a book to get me started?

(8 Posts)
Spainintherain Sat 15-Jun-19 05:52:37

I have a two month old and a 2.5 year old. We are completely exhausted with newborn having reflux/milk allergy but the toddler is showing signs of readiness and asking to use a potty.

I don't know where to start and think I would like to follow a book to try as my mind is too tired wondering what up with the baby let alone how to potty trainsad

Please let me know if you can recommend anyone you folllowed for successfully potty training.

OP’s posts: |
FallingStar Sat 15-Jun-19 06:06:52

I can't help with the book suggestions because I didn't use any. It doesn't need to be complicated. Just get a potty and make it available. If you're having a whole day in the house that's the best time to start! Swap nappy for pants for the day or let them go without. Make a big fuss if they get it right. Expect accidents, these will happen but its not pleasant in normal pants so they'll not like the feeling.
Oh and make a big change to pull ups the rest of the time.
Good luck!

Eminybob Sat 15-Jun-19 06:20:01

I was recommended Gina Ford potty training in one week. It has some useful advice but I didn’t follow it to the letter.
Ultimately we just put DS is pants one day went from there. Make sure you ask if they need to go A LOT.

peppaminttea Sat 15-Jun-19 06:30:31

Another recommendation for Gina Ford here. We tweaked a bit to suit us but it was a real help.

Spainintherain Sat 15-Jun-19 15:22:21

Thank you all . I've ordered Gina Fords book

bourbonbiccy Fri 21-Jun-19 21:20:08

I would recommend the book "oh crap" it was brilliant with our DS, so far.

bourbonbiccy Fri 21-Jun-19 21:21:02

Oohh sorry just seen that you have ordered one. 💐💐

Spainintherain Sat 22-Jun-19 13:43:51

That's ok we have had to delay start so I will look it up

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »