Talk

Advanced search

Well....this is a bit messy isn't it!!

(4 Posts)
Biancadelrioisback Thu 13-Jun-19 08:54:23

Started potty training my 2 year old (around 30 months) on Sunday. This is day 5 and I think we have wees down.
Past 2 days, no accidents at all which is great! However poos are not going so well. I can tell when he needs a poo as he gets all squirmy, drags his changing mat out and asks for a nappy. He just gets very wound up and won't even go near the potty for a poo.
I've tried showing him by leaving the door open when I go, I've tipped his poos into the potty so he can see and he's helped me put it down the loo but the actual act of pooing isn't going well.

Any poo-tip?

OP’s posts: |
summ3rs Thu 13-Jun-19 09:31:40

Hi ya. First off, well done on the wees!!
Has your son had a poo at all in 5 days? Potty, nappy, floor etc? I am having very similar issues with my son although he has always withheld (which is a situation you want to try to avoid). I’m guessing you’ve tried the Pooland app, stories, rewards etc. Have you tried a visual sequence? Eg photos showing next steps? Or putting a nappy across the potty? Lots of people will say don’t give in and give him a nappy which might work for some children. It didn’t work with my son so now I have trained him to stand on a photo of two blue footprints by his potty and ask for a nappy when he needs to go. Look on the ERIC website for suggestions too. Good luck. I wish I had the magic answer. X

Biancadelrioisback Thu 13-Jun-19 12:42:03

Thanks! That's great smile
Yeah he's still pooing daily just in his pants.
We've got a sticker book which shows where to poo and I've (tried to) explain what happens. He always poos standing up though so I'm guessing the idea of sitting is worrying him...

OP’s posts: |
summ3rs Thu 13-Jun-19 14:32:38

My son is exactly the same. When I’ve tried to sit him down he automatically just freezes and has never managed a poo yet. His nappy is like is comfort blanket so I’m going to try to train him to sit on a potty while wearing a nappy to see if that will help him to poo them take it from there. That will be a big step though. X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in