Talk

Advanced search

Defiant 3 yr old now weeing and pooing himself

(5 Posts)
Christmaspanic24 Fri 15-Mar-19 16:12:44

We potty trained our DS2 about 3 months ago, he took to it really well and was really good and enthusiastic. For the last couple of weeks he seems to have lost interest. I'm changing him 6 times per day because although he eventually takes himself to the toilet he has done the first bit of his wee in his pants and its enough to wet his trousers. If i ask him to use the toilet he says no and runs off. I've tried making it into a game, praising him for weeing, taking away toys. It feels like it's become a battle. We were out today and I couldn't get him to use the toilet and then had to clean up the most horrible poo accident ever. Help blush any tips?!

fleshmarketclose Fri 15-Mar-19 16:19:46

Ds1 did the same. I took the battle off him put him back in pull ups for a couple of weeks until he asked to use the toilet again and that was the end of it. I gave in long before changing him six times a day though.

Christmaspanic24 Fri 15-Mar-19 18:15:19

Just put him in a nappy to see what happens. It's so annoying because he can do it but I guess it's a power struggle!

Pinklemonade16 Sun 17-Mar-19 10:50:52

Omg I could have wrote this myself..!! My dd has been potty trained for around 2 months doing amazingly hardly no accidents. Now the last week and a half it’s been wee and poo accidents which is very frustrating. Literally like 2 or 3 a day.

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 17-Mar-19 11:03:54

I would absolutely not have the battle. It's a lose lose situation - there's nothing to be gained from 'winning' a power struggle with a toddler as you're just teaching them to be controlled by someone stronger.

I would just say oh well, ok, let's go back to nappies and let me know when you'd like to try using the toilet again. Maybe drop in a few negatives about nappies here and there - I say to my dd 'you can't read that book/play that game just now as you have to lie down to have your nappy changed, if you'd rather sit on the potty with the book just let me know when you need wee wee' etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: