Talk

Advanced search

Reusable nappies for night time?

(7 Posts)
someonesmother Mon 04-Mar-19 10:25:17

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a brand of reusable nappies that work well for night time training.
My daughter has been doing really well with her potty training and is often dry during naps and at night. I feel like we're wasting so many nappies (even though I do try to reuse them a few times) and I want to get some reusable ones.
Anyone got a favourite brand? Thanks!

Teaonthebedsheets Tue 05-Mar-19 07:15:35

Totsbots Bamboozles here, with extra boosters and a Peenut wrap.

PippilottaLongstocking Tue 05-Mar-19 07:20:14

Definitely 2 parters
I use motherease sandys with a motherease airflow wrap and a hemp booster (hemp is very absorbent)
Or you can get fitted hemp nappies (Ella’s house bumhugger is a good one)

Or I’ve heard good things about motherease bedwetters but they’re expensive and you’ll need several because they take ages to dry (also there seems to be a motherease shortage at the moment)

PippilottaLongstocking Tue 05-Mar-19 07:21:23

Also if you can be bothered with the faff wool wraps are brilliant (need to be hand washed and regularly treated with lanolin)

Byebyefriend Mon 11-Mar-19 15:55:09

Little lamb 2 parts bamboo with motherease wrap. Try eBay for second hand.

UnaOfStormhold Mon 11-Mar-19 16:03:27

Personally I wouldn't buy new reusables just for night time use. Energy is used and waste is generated in production of reusable nappies. If you're using reusables throughout a child's nappy-using time then you more than make up for that initial production by the amount of waste and energy you save, so I would definitely recommend them from early on. But just for nights I am not confident that it would be beneficial. You could try second hand as of course that gets round the problem.

I would add that we gave up using reusables at night time long before we stopped in the daytime because no amount of boosting was stopping leaks and being in a damp environment overnight was not good for his skin.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 11-Mar-19 16:17:28

I'm assuming you'd need the larger sizes and just an 'insurance' type nappy incase she wees in the night? Real Easy X or XL (Wonderoo make these) it's an all in one - the hemp 'tongue' bit pulls out for quicker drying time. Not a nappy for a heavy wetter but I used to use this as night time 'just incase' nappy for my 3 year old when she had a relapse recently.

Also second hand large nappies like newborn size nappies tend to be in very good condition because they're only used for a short time frame.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: