Talk

Advanced search

Who else is so over it?!

(11 Posts)
bristollady Sat 02-Mar-19 13:46:38

More of a rant than looking for advice, but who else has had enough of potty training?!

We are 3 days in with our two and a half year old. We also have a five month old.

We’re doing the oh crap method. There’s been wees and poos on the floor galore, but in the actual potty? Nah! Not unless we park her there once she’s started. She will deliberately hold it in all morning if she has to and then lets it go all of a sudden while watching tv! I think she knows what she’s doing, it’s like she just doesn’t want to do it!

I’m literally up to my elbows in poo! Waaaaa!

Jackshouse Sat 02-Mar-19 13:52:23

Are you picking them up mid wee and putting them on the potty?

bristollady Sat 02-Mar-19 13:59:58

Yes. Doing what the oh crap book recommends. She doesn’t give a monkeys! 😂

MaverickSnoopy Sat 02-Mar-19 14:01:13

Chocolate as a reward for getting it in the potty?

bristollady Sat 02-Mar-19 14:01:25

You know what else is annoying? Staying home for days on end! I miss the outside world but we can’t move on to block 2 (putting her in trousers with no nappy or pants) until she gets this bit.

Jackshouse Sat 02-Mar-19 14:12:18

It’s intense. Do you have a garden?

NoKnit Sat 02-Mar-19 16:40:07

Don't know the oh crap method but it's quite clear that she can't do it.

Easy solution for you and both your children (as this is obviously getting to you) is to put a nappy on and go out and enjoy the day. You could stay in for weeks she still might not get it. Try again on a few months

Tinkhasflown Sat 02-Mar-19 16:42:17

I would say she is not ready! Nappy back on and try again in a few months.

bristollady Sat 02-Mar-19 16:58:28

We have a garden. It’s been a bit cold to let her out there but hopefully it will perk up soon.

We think she is ready because she did start telling us when she had pooed and she understands. It’s almost like she sees we now want her to do this and she’s decided not to! 😂

NoKnit Sun 03-Mar-19 18:47:53

Yes she's decided not to. So for whatever reason in her small mind it is she is not doing it so the answer is forget about it and put a nappy on her.

Or option 2, persevere and follow the patience and washing machine method, lose your temper more and more every time she wets herself because you are convinced that she can do it and both your kids have a stressed, on edge mother all of the time.

Really at her age it isn't worth fretting about it

bristollady Sun 03-Mar-19 20:01:27

Fair point. Thanks for the advice.

We made a bit of progress today. We relaxed a little as we had to go out in the morning for a prior engagement, so I put a nappy on her to go out (even though the book says not to). She was dry when we got home. Then I took the nappy off in the afternoon and she did sit on the potty voluntarily and we got a wee in there.

There was still a poo accident later in the day, but she has at least weed in the potty. I think it helped that we relaxed a little today. Maybe it was all getting a bit intense for her. I think short trips out as a break from it all might actually help.

We’re going to persevere for a bit longer and just see how it goes, but you’re right, we shouldn’t put pressure on her as it’s not fair.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »