Talk

Advanced search

Any help

(5 Posts)
MummyKKins Thu 07-Feb-19 21:54:38

Hi, I am currently potty training my 2 and half year old daughter. It's been 2 weeks and we have only had few wees on the potty at home and lots of accidents. She will use the potty/toilet totally fine at nursery with only a couple of accidents in the time she's there , and at night we have had a dry nappy for the last 4 nights. She will happily sit on the potty when she doesn't want a wee, she hates getting wetting. Has anyone got any advice to try and get her to use the potty more at home? She doesn't wee when we go out with as I've been trying with no nappies only knickers, she only has a nappy on at bedtime.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Just feeling like a failure because she hasn't picked it up as quickly as I thought she would have.

concernedforthefuture Thu 07-Feb-19 21:58:38

Sounds like she's physiologically ready if she can hold it for long periods / overnight. You just need to persuade her to go in the right place at home. Have you tried chocolate button bribary smile? Maybe she doesn't like the potty - perhaps try a little seat on the big toilet?

MummyKKins Thu 07-Feb-19 22:11:11

Thank you, no I haven't tried chocolate buttons as this point I'm willing to try anything. I have got a toilet seat but wasn't sure if I would be confusing her using the potty and the toilet. Sorry she's my first child and everything seems to be abit hit and miss!

Jackshouse Tue 12-Feb-19 12:24:20

Have you tried the oh crap method?

Doublechocolatetiffin Tue 12-Feb-19 12:39:12

I second trying the oh crap method. It worked brilliantly for my daughter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »