Talk

Advanced search

Still not dry at night!

(18 Posts)
cindersrella Wed 06-Feb-19 20:58:53

DD is 4 and there are no signs of her having dry nights yet!

Does anyone have any tips on how to help get her dry.

She is my second child but first was dry day and night at 2.... she led me and just kind of did it.

4 yr old is still wet at night. Goes nuts when she is walked or carried to the toilet at night before I go to bed.

She doesn't overly drink before bed time or during the day.

Any advise would be helpful😀

ColdCrumpetsandButter Wed 06-Feb-19 21:13:49

Some aren't dry until 5/6/7! All normal.

toomuchfaster Wed 06-Feb-19 21:22:20

Let her grow out of it in her own time!!! It's not an issue until age 9.

WheelAndDome Wed 06-Feb-19 21:25:41

My child wasn’t completely dry until 8

cindersrella Wed 06-Feb-19 22:26:09

That's reassuring. My nephew is 7 and still isn't 100% dry but I am unsure if this is connected to his Aspergers, my friends daughter is 16 and has to take meds to ensure she is dry even now. She get soo embarrased by it.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Wed 06-Feb-19 22:28:38

I have three children age 10, 8 and 5 and not one of them are dry at night. It costs us a fortune in pyjama pants but it’s not something they can help either. It’s to do with a hormone they secrete and in some children this isn’t produced until they are older.

cindersrella Wed 06-Feb-19 22:34:05

The doctor said this about my family member too. Do you think it's and hereditary problem?

newmumwithquestions Wed 06-Feb-19 22:34:40

My second one was dry at night at 2.

My first still isn’t at 4.5. I don’t know how much is phychological and how much is physical but either way she’ll do it when she’s ready.

SallyWD Wed 06-Feb-19 22:40:37

My first was dry at night at 2. My second still wears nighttime nappies at 6. As soon as I heard it was biological and related to a hormone I stopped worrying.

cindersrella Thu 07-Feb-19 09:51:48

It's seems strange that's it appears to be mainly 2nd children that take longer.
I thought it was me not having the time or not making more of an effort than I thought I may have done with the first...

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Thu 07-Feb-19 09:58:51

With ds who was 3 at the time we used to put him to bed with no nappy after he had had a wee then when we went to bed we carried him downstairs,he had a half awake wee then put back to bed.Really worked

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Thu 07-Feb-19 09:59:16

So sorry just seen that youve tried that

FlagFish Thu 07-Feb-19 10:02:06

DC1 was 7, DC2 was 2, DC3 was 4! All fine now.

llangennith Thu 07-Feb-19 11:00:30

You can't train a child to be dry at night. Carry on using nappies and stop waking her up to take her to the toilet. That does no good at all.
Until her body stays produces the hormone that stops her producing urine at night she won't be dry overnight.
Use waterproof mattress protectors, disposable bed mats, night nappies. If she's still not dry at night when she's older see the doctor about taking the relevant hormone in tiny tablet form.

cindersrella Thu 07-Feb-19 11:43:11

Llang I tried it twice and it upset her so I stopped which is why I came here for any tips. I am glad I am not the only one who's child isn't trained at night as it started to worry me as my older girl was very early.

Pinkvici22 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:45:19

My daughter was dry in the day at her 2nd birthday - she was still wet at night at 5.5. I bought a bed wetting alarm from Amazon and she was dry within a month. She hasn’t had a wet night since (over a year)!

Pinkvici22 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:46:17

This one

MayMay19 Thu 07-Feb-19 18:30:34

My 4.5 year old (son) still isn't dry at night. But he doesn't want to wear dry nites anymore. When we stopped he wet the bed for 4 nights, then was dry for a week, then for the last week he has started wetting the bed at least once a night. I've asked him what he wants to do, as I think he would be upset if I forced him back in to nappies, and he wants to carry on not wearing them! So. Much. Washing!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: