Talk

Advanced search

Just so over it :(

(5 Posts)
Babyno2mamabear Mon 28-Jan-19 22:43:40

My son was 2 in April and he told us 2 weeks before his birthday that he wanted to use the potty like his friend at nursery. 2 weeks later he was clean and dry, spent days out for his birthday and thought we had nailed it. Couple months down the line he went so totally backwards. He never has a dry day (usually 3 accidents per day). They're never big accidents, about 50p sized dribble. Then the last 2 weeks he's started soiling his pants slightly (more than a skid mark but not passing a stool either) and for love nor money he won't stop doing it. He used to go to the toilet so easily, never held in poos and now he just doesn't want to go. I'm pregnant, hormonal and fed up! And sick of my mum telling me I toilet trained him too soon. I never would have done it if I didn't have total faith that he could. I know he can!! We've tried rewards, charts, treats.....I just want him to be clean and dry! Advice? Please please, one hormonal and stressed mama. This has been going on for 9 months....when will it get better?! 😭

OP’s posts: |
TigerQuoll Tue 29-Jan-19 08:13:38

Take him to the GP, sounds like constipation, dribs and drabs of poo getting past the impaction, he can't feel when he needs to go because bowel is expanded, and it presses on his bladder hence small accidents. Rewards will do nothing if it is this since he can't help it.

NoKnit Tue 29-Jan-19 19:24:53

Patience and washing machine. It will get better but you could be in for a bumpy ride. I had this with my oldest who trained early and it went on for almost 3 years, only better now he is 5.

Honestly 3 50pence size accidents a day is nothing in comparison to what we had

Not what you wanted to hear I know but it will improve, he's not even 3 yet so think you might be expecting too much

Jackshouse Tue 29-Jan-19 19:27:55

I was going to say constipation too. It can cause pressure on the bladder and cause urine to leak out

Babyno2mamabear Tue 29-Jan-19 21:52:01

I do keep reminding myself he is only 2....but I think the biggest part of the problem, and this is entirely ME is the fact that my job is a pre-school manager. I feel like everyone has this expectation that my child should be the perfect one because so many times I've been told "you know exactly what you're doing" and I do see it as failure on my part when he's wet/dirty at nursery. Ridiculous? Yep 10/10....so maybe that's an issue for me to work on.

Feeling better about it today, perhaps the hormones were talking too much last night. But I hadn't actually considered that it could be constipation, think I got so wrapped up in the whole potty training failure that I lost what was actually logical. I'll try some foods to get him moving and if not a trip to the GP sounds good.

Thanks guys! Promise I'm normally quite level headed! Xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »