Talk

Advanced search

This is driving me mad!

(5 Posts)
RidingMyBike Sat 26-Jan-19 16:28:17

So, DD is 3 yrs 1 month. Had a bit of interest six months ago in potty training but it just resulted in loads of accidents over several and only one wee in potty (I think more by accident than design). So put her back in nappies.

Then last week she wanted to go nappy free on Tuesday night. We said she had to wear a nappy at night but could go to nursery without it the next day. So she did. Was at nursery for ten hours and staff reported she'd done really well and only had two accidents, including going the entire morning without an accident.
So, carried on like this with her at home for Thurs, Fri and today. But she doesn't seem to have a clue about actually doing things in the potty or on the toilet. We've reminded her frequently, carried the potty with us, put her on it. She hasn't done anything at all on the potty. Poos have been in nappy (night time or nap) or in her knickers. Wees just straight in clothes/on floor.
It's been a complete nightmare. I know you're not supposed to go back to nappies once you've started but she doesn't seem bothered about being wet. She is desperate to get stickers or choc star for doings things on the potty but seems to have no clue what this actually means!

OP’s posts: |
Lumene Sat 26-Jan-19 16:30:49

Similar here. It’s been over two weeks. It’s infuriating.

RidingMyBike Sat 26-Jan-19 19:43:37

At least I'm not the only one!

WonderGirl11 Sun 27-Jan-19 20:20:34

My DD is 2y9mths. We just started this weekend. I read stuff and followed suggestions from the internet. Stayed home all day Saturday, had her with no nappy or pants. Read Princess Polly Potty and kept encouraging her to sit on the potty. Roughly every 20mins at first then about every hour. Stickers for sitting and trying. 3 wees in potty by end of day. Similar all day today. A fairly unexciting weekend but loads of progress for her understanding her body.

Can’t say how this will go longer term, we will see!

RidingMyBike Sat 02-Feb-19 16:50:44

Yay we're getting somewhere! After a week of many accidents she suddenly got it and hasn't had any - including using public toilets when out and about. Even went to soft play today and she was fine and went on the toilet there (had taken potty with us just in case)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »