Talk

Advanced search

Potty training HELP

(3 Posts)
Mummahiggs Sat 06-Oct-18 15:41:28

My little boy turned three 2 week ago and still not potty trained , he is my first child so it’s all new to me and I don’t know where to start 😂 he has a potty at home which I bought him about 6 months ago . He has just started sitting on it and he does tell me if he has had a poo on his nappy but doesn’t really mention wee’s . Should I leave him to do it in his own time or train him somehow ?? Any tips or even how I go about it would be a big help !! Thankyou

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 06-Oct-18 15:58:17

try popping him on the potty every hour. then, if he wees in it, give him a smartie. if he poos, get one of these small bells and let him ring it, as well as giving him 2 smarties. once he has got into the routine of every hour, be sure to let him know that he can sit on the potty any time he needs to.

you could try popping him in a pair of these and make sure to tell him that they are big boy pants. don't worry, they have an absorbent layer inside in case of accidents.

all the best and good luck! x

Mummahiggs Sat 06-Oct-18 17:22:52

Thankyou so much ! Will give it a try xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »