Talk

Advanced search

Bloggers oversharing potty training

(6 Posts)
Hannahhaddock Wed 01-Aug-18 16:52:43

Sort to dig this subject up, but what are people’s thought on MOD declaring to the whole of Instagram one of her twins is so badly constipated, she’s putting a suppository up their arse. Why is this ever a necessary thing to post ? I’d be mortified if my friends found these posts down the line 😳

I get people might follow and need the advice, but really ?? Is nothing sacred ? Can people not ask their own GP these days?

OP’s posts: |
louise987 Wed 01-Aug-18 16:56:57

Meh - follow who you like, unfollow those who don't float your boat. People are all different on what they share / don't share, just as people are in real life.

I like their honesty with many aspects of parenting, and I get the impression it comes from a place to support other mums who might be going through the same thing. I can see why these things may be TMI for some people, but just unfollow if it's not your thing!

Hannahhaddock Wed 01-Aug-18 17:06:55

It cropped up on my explore page, I don’t follow MOD or any of that vein. I find them grotesque.

I just wonder if these people think about their kids humiliation when they post ! 🤔

OP’s posts: |
TigerTeatimes Fri 03-Aug-18 16:58:01

A lot of my friends won't even post a picture of their kids online - they want them to be able to curate their own online identity when the time comes. Pretty noble. Also a lot of my friends are the opposite too.

I kinda agree the honesty is refreshing but also think it's treating your child as an extension of you and your vanity project rather than their own person.

TL;DR I'd be mortified

HeyDolly Fri 03-Aug-18 17:00:51

I’m potty training my DD at the mo (unsuccessfully) so I’m glad to hear of others experiences tbh. Everyone knows that toddlers have shit issues at some stage - either too much or too little - so I don’t really understand what’s mortifying about it. Her twins are 2 not 22.

AndInShortIWasAfraid Fri 03-Aug-18 17:05:17

Grotesque is a bit strong.

Constipation in toddlers is fairly common so she's not talking about anything particular embarrassing. If she was writing about an older child then that would be an issue.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »