Talk

Advanced search

When will he tell me he needs a wee?

(5 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Tue 31-Jul-18 17:14:53

Hi,

Day 4 of training my 2.6 year old son. It’s going well so far - loads more wees in the potty and on the toilet at nursery than accidents which is great! However, he’s not telling me he needs to go, I’m simply asking him to sit on the potty and try or trying to guess his cues. Is this ok? When will he start to tell me he needs to go?

Also, we have had no poos at all so far on the potty. One in his pants and the others in a nappy after his nap/long car journey. Is it usual for poos to take longer to sort?

Final question... we are going out tomorrow for the first time... what do I do?!?

Thanks in advance (who knew it would be so complicated!)

OP’s posts: |
Coleco Tue 31-Jul-18 17:19:43

Poos normally take longer, so I would just take lots of changes of clothes!! If it's warm where you are, allow him to wear flip flops or crocs in case he has a pee accident (then no soggy socks and shoes to worry about) don't make a big deal if he has an accident- and don't ask if he needs the toilet- just take him periodically!

It does get easier! Good luck smile

Summerdays2014 Tue 31-Jul-18 20:35:07

Thanks coleco, I hope you’re right!

OP’s posts: |
sparklefluff Tue 31-Jul-18 21:24:29

Don't want to be told, just take him.

My 3 year old, today, has gone an entire day without going despite me asking him multiple times.

I took him and he peed like a racehorse, that kid has an iron bladder, so yeh, just make it a regular thing until you work out his limits on his bladder.

sparklefluff Tue 31-Jul-18 21:24:46

Wait not want, sorry!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »