Talk

Advanced search

Give up?

(9 Posts)
Littleelffriend Sun 08-Jul-18 08:18:12

Morning all
We’re on day 2 of potty training. My dd 26 months showed all the signs of being ready but it’s been a disaster. No pee or poo in the potty, will barely agree to sit on it. Do I give up or keep going?

OP’s posts: |
anotherangel2 Sun 08-Jul-18 15:21:32

What did you decide? I would have tried again today.

diedyediedye Sun 08-Jul-18 15:22:56

I would wait a week and try again, you don't want to frustrate your little one.

Littleelffriend Sun 08-Jul-18 15:33:11

We tried again today she has managed 2 pees and a poo in the potty no real accidents but it’s a battle

OhHolyJesus Sun 08-Jul-18 15:34:30

No don't give up! We cracked it by Day 4. It's hot and a horrible process but as long as you see progress each day, even if small cues or 'I need a wee' before an accident, keep going I'd say!

(I'm a big fan of Oh Crap book so if you're going another route feel free to ignore - in fact feel free to ignore anyway, you're the Mum!)

Littleelffriend Sun 08-Jul-18 15:54:26

Thanks Holy, we have the book. It’s so frustrating. I stupidly thought she would just get it

OhHolyJesus Sun 08-Jul-18 16:02:54

It's really tough and I hated the process but the relief that follows is worth it.
Day 3 was like a pressure cooker and I was waiting for a poo before nap and I felt like giving up - but in day 4 I just said, the potty is there and he did it on his own, didn't say he needed one, just took himself off and of course we have huge praise.
If after however long, a week? You're not seeing progress then don't beat yourself up for trying another time but honestly, even if it's a small positive to take each day keep going.
We haven't looked back and it has made my DS much more independent with washing hands and brushing his teeth. Onwards!

OhHolyJesus Sun 08-Jul-18 16:03:50

Honestly it's day 2 and you got a poo in the potty - to me that sounds amazing!

Littleelffriend Sun 08-Jul-18 17:23:30

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »