Talk

Advanced search

Is he ready?

(9 Posts)
lapenguin Sat 30-Jun-18 21:14:59

Ds will be 2 in August so it seems early, but refusing nappies. Like to the point where if we put it on him he will rip it off. He also tugs at his 'winky' a lot and always has his hand in his nappy, we think it's when he's wet? He spends a lot of time with a two year old girl who has just gone through potty training so we are wondering if this sudden onset is because he is getting to stage where he is ready? I have a week off this week and my next week off is October so I feel like there is no harm in trying now and if no success try again next time. But is this too early?

OP’s posts: |
SweepTheHalls Sat 30-Jun-18 21:16:32

Download Oh Crap Potty Training, well worth a read. I would give it a try.

lapenguin Sat 30-Jun-18 21:17:41

Thanks I shall!

DieAntword Sat 30-Jun-18 21:21:14

My son will turn two in a couple of weeks and we just potty trained. Went way better than I expected. He has many accident free days in a row and his accidents have been wee and never more than one or day since the start of week 2. Just went nappy free except in his cot (still has the bars on) and by the 3rd day he knew what the score was. It’s been great.

lapenguin Sat 30-Jun-18 21:24:34

Yay! Thats really encouraging to hear! Well done to your little one, that's really good!

LML83 Sat 30-Jun-18 21:29:18

Potty training is fairly easy when they are ready. I would try but if you aren't seeing any progress within 2-3 days leave it for a while.

lapenguin Sat 30-Jun-18 22:42:56

That seems like a plan to me
We have decided to start tomorrow
If we are seeing no progress by Tuesday then we will leave it until my next week off smile thank you all smile

LML83 Sat 30-Jun-18 22:58:58

Good luck!

lapenguin Sun 01-Jul-18 08:03:51

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »