Talk

Advanced search

Daughter ready for potty - advice much needed!

(4 Posts)
Stillwinginit Mon 18-Jun-18 20:26:29

Hi, I could really use some much needed advice. My DD is almost 3. Up until last week, she didn't show much interest in the potty but in the last week he has done three wees in the potty, with no prompting from me, and talked about using the potty and wearing pants etc. I had planned that, when she was ready for the potty, I would devote at least 5 days to potty training; would stay at home, leave her to run around with no nappy, not go out anywhere. The thing is, she's at nursery 3 days per week for 15 hours. My questions are these: should I keep her off nursery for a few days so she stays home and we can both focus on potty training, or should I speak to her nursery and ask them to encourage her to use the potty whilst she is there? Secondly, once she is properly using the potty, what happens when we go out. Do I always take a potty with us? What happens if, say we are in the middle of shopping and she needs to do a wee or poo. Do I ditch the shopping then take her outside to use the potty? I'm sorry, but I'm not that clued up on potty training and finding it a bit daunting. Thank you for any advice.

OP’s posts: |
donkir Mon 18-Jun-18 20:30:06

She sounds like she's ready. I'd go with the flow so try keeping her routine the same so that includes nursery. Nursery are trained to deal with potty training so I wouldn't worry just pack lots of spare clothes. I'd highly recommend the potette portable potty we carry it everywhere. It stays in the car.

donkir Mon 18-Jun-18 20:30:54

Also part of potty training is pulling up and down her trousers so I'd keep them on rather that being naked,

Stillwinginit Tue 19-Jun-18 22:35:25

Hi donkir, thank you for your advice. I'll definitely get the portable potty, it looks great.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »