Talk

Advanced search

Will wee on toilet bare bottom but not with knickers

(3 Posts)
TheFabledSnake Sun 10-Jun-18 18:34:33

I've been trying to potty train my 2.5 year for a couple of months. She wears pull ups and can now pull her own trousers up and down. If I prompt her, she'll go to the toilet, not always weeing but will try.

Otherwise she is just content to stay in nappies. But I have noticed that if she's completely bare bottom, she will ask for nappy, I say no, she'll go and wee on toilet no problem.

I've done treats and sticker charts, she's not really bothered. And she's never pooed on toilet either.

Not sure if I should just stop or persist at this point. Any advice please?

OP’s posts: |
teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 10-Jun-18 21:52:10

Why not ditch the nappies/pull ups then? Other than for sleep. From her point of view she doesn't need to wee in the potty because at some point she'll be back in a pull up and can do it then.

I'd say be brave! The Oh Crap book is a great read if you haven't already seen it.

TheFabledSnake Mon 11-Jun-18 12:34:12

Thanks! I just put her in knickers this morning and haven't allowed any nappies. She's gone to toilet a couple of times at home and even went in the supermarket toilet!

She's got nursery this afternoon so hopefully it continues!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »