Talk

Advanced search

Four year old night time dryness

(9 Posts)
candlefloozy Mon 09-Apr-18 16:51:21

So my lo has been potty trained in the day since she was two. She's still in pull ups for a night. How do we tackle this? She said she likes having the pull ups on. We've tried pants before which resulted in wet beds. She managed a few nights dry but then back to square one again. Help.

OP’s posts: |
Sirzy Mon 09-Apr-18 16:55:15

You can’t do much. It’s down to when the body is ready to produce a hormone and not doing so at 4 isn’t that unusual.

Carry on with the pull ups and when she is ready she will stop

GreyCloudsToday Mon 09-Apr-18 16:56:46

We're in the same situation. Our DS is desperate to wear pants but we've had 3 wet nights since we started our most recent try 4 days ago.

Have you tried taking her to the loo at your bedtime for a kind of weird "dream wee"? A friend suggested that and we're about to give it a try tonight before switching back to nighttime nappies as the washing is just too much!

candlefloozy Mon 09-Apr-18 17:24:17

@Sirzy thank you. It's a bit confusing

candlefloozy Mon 09-Apr-18 17:26:09

@GreyCloudsToday I did think of that but I didn't know if she would become reliant on that. I've been reading and apparently it's to do with their bodies being ready rather than them learning to do it?! Just costs a small
Fortune in pull ups!

teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 10-Apr-18 12:22:07

How much is she drinking before bed?

GreyCloudsToday Wed 11-Apr-18 13:11:16

Yes, I feel the same candlefloozy. He was a bit upset but we've persuaded him back into nappies for now as the washing is a killer. Another try next month perhaps.

candlefloozy Wed 11-Apr-18 21:03:29

@teaandbiscuitsforme a cup of milk. Maybe a little bit of water too. Not often.

candlefloozy Wed 11-Apr-18 21:04:23

@GreyCloudsToday the past two nights she's had a dry pull up and been very proud of herself. We've had to do some bribing but it's the fact that she's done it?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »