Talk

Advanced search

2 years and 3 months

(10 Posts)
BHillary Sat 13-Jan-18 15:57:48

Has anybody successfully potty trained a child of this age?
My daughter is always telling me when she has had a wee or a poo and is interested as she has a 3 and 4 year old brother and sister. They were both toilet trained just before their third birthday so I'm abit clueless. Is she too young?

Any input greatly appreciated

Thanks

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 13-Jan-18 18:42:44

Definitely not too young! My DD was 22mo when she refused to wear nappies any more. She didn't have a clue what to do but knew she didn't want a nappy any more.

A friend recommended the Oh Crap which is brilliant if you haven't read it before. The author recommends training between 20 & 30 months so perfect for your DD. We had it cracked within a week following the method so it wasn't too painful even though she was quite young.

Nowthereistwo Sat 13-Jan-18 18:48:18

Our dd is 2yrs 4 months (Sept baby). She has been using the toilet intermittently for a while but last weekend she suddenly decided to do everything on the toilet and has been dry all week (inc 2 days at nursery and 2 at nana's). She us our second and haa been watching us and her sister and just 'got It'

Maddymint Sat 13-Jan-18 18:50:19

Definitely not too young. We decided to have a go the weekend DD turned 2. It was Easter so we had 4 days. She got it straight away and we never looked back. I think we were incredibly lucky but it would've hurt to give it a go. Good luck.

MotherofPearl Sat 13-Jan-18 18:51:44

My DD1 was potty trained at 2 years and 4 months - and she initiated it, not us. She said she didn't want to wear a nappy any more, so that was that. We bought her some knickers and just went cold turkey: no pull ups or anything like that. Day 1 and 2 there were a few accidents, but within a week she had totally got it, no problem. So I'd say go for it, especially if she's showing an interest.

Nan0second Sat 13-Jan-18 19:29:57

Trained at 2 and 0 months here.
Used oh crap as above.
Very easy and in retrospect I should have done it 2 or 3 months earlier when she asked.

BHillary Sun 14-Jan-18 11:05:00

Thanks everyone,
The pants are going on any second!
Hoping for the best haha xx

BHillary Sun 21-Jan-18 10:18:36

Hi all thought I'd give an update; she's totally cracked it . Had the odd little accident from her forgetting to pull her knickers down when she's on the potty but otherwise No issues at all. Now I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take her out.
She's 2 years and 2 months I calculated it wrong somehow. I'm just amazed she's done it so early!

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 21-Jan-18 10:45:54

Excellent news! Definitely get her out! grin

MotherofPearl Sun 21-Jan-18 13:03:08

Great news OP. It seems that in general girls crack this much sooner than boys.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: