Talk

Advanced search

Peeing in the car grrrr

(9 Posts)
NoWittyNamesAvailable Sat 13-Jan-18 14:29:24

My ds is 3 years 4 minths. He has been potty traines a while now. We had a few set backs but he no longer has accidents unless we are in the car.

At home/in shops/others houses he will say he needs to use the toilet, in the car however he won't tell me at all. I am starting to get really fed up of having to pack several extra sets of trousers and pants every time we need to go to the shops. I have resorted to buying disposable changing mats to put in the car seat so I'm not washing it every single day. How can i get him to stop?!

NoWittyNamesAvailable Sat 13-Jan-18 14:31:05

Apologies for spelling errors, on my phone and i pressed post instead of preview.

athingthateveryoneneeds Sat 13-Jan-18 14:31:27

Do you do the obligatory toilet visit before trips? Visit the new and exciting toilets in the shops? If this doesn't work I would just pack extra clothes and put down absorbent pads, like you've planned. He may not want to bother you when driving or is easily distracted when out and about?

TittyGolightly Sat 13-Jan-18 14:32:22

Potette plus under a seat.

Bumdishcloths Sat 13-Jan-18 14:33:07

Perhaps the movement of the car is too distracting for him so he forgets? No advice really but maybe stick a pull up on him if it's a long enough journey, until he's better at recognising the urge?

NoWittyNamesAvailable Sat 13-Jan-18 15:47:04

It's so hit and miss. Just as i think we've made head way he has a set back. We carry a potty in the car, he has on occasion told me he needs a wee so i pull over and he uses it and gets praised.

I always get him to go to the toilet before we go out, i have wondered if its to do with the cold weather or the motion of the car. It's starting to stress me out because the car is beginning to smell no matter how much febreeze/oust/zoflora i use. I know he will eventually get there, i just hope its a bit sooner rather than later.

Megs4x3 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:54:05

Preserve your car and nose by putting a nappy on him for car trips and taking it off as soon as you get home or where you're going if visiting friends or relatives. He probably doesn't like getting wet at this point any more than you do and it may well be a phase he grows out of brought about by the winter cold or car motion or both. I doubt you'll need to do it for long.

CatWithKittens Mon 15-Jan-18 11:02:56

Does he go to sleep in the car? DD2 used to nod off within moments of starting a journey and would then be wet even though she was otherwise reliable in the day - I used to put her in trainer pants when we were going anywhere by car, however short the journey, until she was nearly 4, then it suddenly stopped (even though she still needed a night nappy).

Codysmum88 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:38:16

My DS is 5 and if he nods off in the car he will still wet himself confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: