Talk

Advanced search

5 poos and counting :(

(7 Posts)
ClairyFairy1980 Mon 11-Dec-17 14:16:50

I am at the end of my tether and really hoping for some advice. I started potty training my son in July at 2 years 8 months. We’re 5 months down the line now and he poos his pants on a daily basis. If it was just the once I could cope but it’s usually 4 or 5 times and I just don’t know what to do. He’s back in pull-ups because I just don’t have time or inclination to hand wash all those sh1tty pants but he’s taken to just peeing in them now too because it’s easier. I swear I’ve tried everything possible but would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. I try leaving the pull-up on once he’s pooped and tell him to finish in it but he won’t, he waits until I change him and to then just does another bit. It’s incredibly stressful.

frenchfancy17 Mon 11-Dec-17 14:17:53

Does he wee in his pants too?

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 11-Dec-17 14:24:14

Leave it completely and wait til he's older.

DS1 was an absolute doddle to potty train - out of nappies in two days at 2.5yo because he was ready.

DS2 was over 3yo and took several weeks to actually poo in a toilet, partly, I think, because he preferred to poo standing up - even the promise of chocolate buttons wouldn't induce him to start and finish a poo on the toilet. The penny just dropped one day, though, and he's fine now, just because I think he hit the right age.

ClairyFairy1980 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:04:19

Pees are fine except for the odd one in touch the pull-up because he’s being lazy.

INeedNewShoes Mon 11-Dec-17 15:07:12

4-5 a day sounds a lot of poos? I wonder if there's an issue which means he doesn't have enough time to realise he needs the toilet?

ClairyFairy1980 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:10:39

I’ve had him at docs and health visitor but no one seems to be able to help. I think the little bits coming out through the day and when he just can’t hold it in any more. It’s like he doesn’t know how to release it.

frenchfancy17 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:52:59

I'd go back to nappies/pull ups. He's obviously not ready and you're getting distressed.

Try again when he's older.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: