Talk

Advanced search

My daughter bum is raw

(14 Posts)
yumchoc Mon 20-Nov-17 20:08:56

Started potty training but DD 15 months is poorly with a cold so it’s gone out the window
her eczema has come out over her body back tummy arms tiny bit on face on her scalp
But is very bad on her girl parts and bum I use papers pull-ups as she worked out how to peel nappy off at 8 months lol and Dermol cream to clean her her skin is so raw I don’t know what to do until I can get her to the doctor usually I use yellow Metanium if is not great or white Metanium as protective measure
Last Thursday a patch on her bum started bleeding called the doctor and prescribed Timodine cream over phone but it’s so sore now she’s crying when she wees I change her 8 times between 7-4 pm my mother changes her again 2-3 before bed at 7 and bath 3 x today in just water what can I do for her any ideas

Marmite27 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:10:11

Poor thing, I’ve never dealt with it that bad, but bepanthan was the best thing we used.

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 20-Nov-17 20:45:51

It could be thrush. Daktarin worked for us. Poor little thing, I remember DS screaming in pain sad.
Off topic - potty training at 15 months??
<faints>

Pollydonia Mon 20-Nov-17 20:52:16

As a pp said it could be thrush. Pharmacist if you can't get to the doctor?

yumchoc Mon 20-Nov-17 22:58:29

early but she did pee twice on the potty she knows when she wants to pee so I thought no harm in giving it ago
But I have put it off until she’s better

Grimmfebruary Mon 20-Nov-17 23:02:40

Would she not be best off with a bare bum whilst it's healing? Poor thing.

yumchoc Mon 20-Nov-17 23:03:04

Sorry it’s off topic but most people have experience with sore bums by the time our little ones try potty training
I don’t think it’s thrush as it doesn’t look sore in side her vagina area more on the out side skin like a burn I going to call doctor first thing in the morning to see what can be done

yumchoc Mon 20-Nov-17 23:12:50

In the meantime nappy off and If she wakes up I am going to try a barrier cream to help the wee not burn the skin

My poor baby it’s miserable having a sore bum and girl parts and a cold

I am lucky as some poor souls have much worse things

DearTeddyRobinson Tue 21-Nov-17 13:31:26

Sorry I should have clarified, babies can get thrush on their skin, it's not just a vaginal infection. My DS had it, his bum was red raw. If you can get to a GP or even a pharmacy, you should be able to get an anti fungal cream for her.

Smellyjo Wed 22-Nov-17 21:51:17

Sorry to hear this, my dd had bad nappy rash at times too with raw areas. Nappy free time and frequent changes when nappies are on is the main solution I think, and sudocrem is best I found - yellow metanium made it much worse for us, but I know a friend swears buy it so I think you just find what suits your kid best. Hope she's better soon x

TidyLike Wed 22-Nov-17 21:59:07

Poor little thing. I had eczema for years (and my kids' skin was dry and flaky to although not actual eczema) and I finally worked out that it was caused by sulphates in the toiletries we were using - usually sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate in liquid soap, bubble bath, shampoo, shower gel, etc. I stopped using products containing that and all our skin greatly improved. It sounds like your little girl needs more than just a change of products, but maybe ensuring that you don't wash her in products containing sulphates would help too?

Smellyjo Wed 22-Nov-17 22:17:07

Sorry to hear this, my dd had bad nappy rash at times too with raw areas. Nappy free time and frequent changes when nappies are on is the main solution I think, and sudocrem is best I found - yellow metanium made it much worse for us, but I know a friend swears buy it so I think you just find what suits your kid best. Hope she's better soon x

MissWimpyDimple Wed 22-Nov-17 22:26:13

Definitely nappy off as much as possible. Get some pads to put down in the cot and just deal with the fall out if she wets.

Obviously even better if you can vaguely keep track of when she poops as I know when DD was little, if I didn't change her straight away it would really burn.

yumchoc Sat 25-Nov-17 23:08:56

It's not nappy rash it's eczema the timodine made it worse poor little darling
Steroids and barrier cream it has helped and bum dip at nappy changes and mostly nappy free apart from bed and the odd shopping trip as she decided to try eat the disposable nappy Matts lol she's much better now but I am going to take her back to the doctor to see if we can see if we can try another cream as She broke out this time last year so I am thinking she may need a thicker cream in winter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now