Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long journey - what should DD wear?

(4 Posts)
BellesandWhistles223 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:35:31

DD is 2.8. We started potty training at the weekend and it’s going pretty well so far - a few accidents still but she is generally recognising when she needs to go. She is still in nappies overnight and a pull up for nap time, regular knickers during the day.

We have a 2 hour car journey on Saturday. I have bought a seat protector. Would you use that and regular knickers or would you swap to a pull up? I don’t want to confuse her!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:49:46

If it's going well so far and you only started at the weekend, it's likely that come Saturday she'll be well on her way to being trained. Don't risk confusing her. Normal knickers, seat protector AND sit her on a towel! Good luck!

user1495997773 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:03:45

I would agree with Rice, unless you think she will fall asleep during the journey (as you said she still wears pull ups for naps) in which case I'd put her in a pull up. I'd make sure I stressed to her that the pull up was just for if she has an accident when she's asleep and that you exepect her to tell you as normal if she needs the potty or toilet. I did this on long journeys with both my DC as they were both sleepers and it didn't seem to confuse them. Of course we always removed the pull up and put pants back on as soon as we arrived at our destinations.

BellesandWhistles223 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:00:11

Thanks for the advice! I think I will go for normal pants with towel, protector and lots of stops at the services then as I wouldn’t expect her to fall asleep in the car. Fingers crossed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now