Talk

Advanced search

Five year old

(4 Posts)
emanresu1969 Tue 07-Nov-17 06:19:05

My five year old boy is totally potty trained. He started school in Sep and seems fine with it all, and is outwardly a settled and a confident little chap. Recently, though, he's started wetting the bed at nights. We make sure he's had a long pee before he settles, but it's been three nights out of the last five now. Could it be anything medical? Or might it be psychological? Should we be worried or just tell him to try harder?

Batterseapark Tue 07-Nov-17 07:46:59

I think your little boy is still within the norm.
This is what Babycentre says:
"Plenty of children age three years and four years still need a night nappy, and bed-wetting is considered to be normal up to the age of five. One in six five-year-olds wets the bed either occasionally or regularly."
Not sure you should be doing about it though (use special night pull ups?). Hopefully other posters will have suggestions. smile

emanresu1969 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:30:47

Thank you, Battersea. That's a little reassuring, at least. It often happens first thing in the morning. I'm wondering if he lies there and does it sometimes as he can't be bothered to get out of bed!

bruffin Wed 08-Nov-17 06:43:23

It could be tbreadworms

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: