Talk

Advanced search

Night time - do I stop?

(7 Posts)
keeppassingtheopenwindows1 Mon 23-Oct-17 04:07:10

We have been trying to night time potty train my 3 year old for the last couple of months. In total we have had two fully dry nights. Every other night he has 1-2 wet beds.
Should we stop and assume he is not yet ready? I’m not sure whether to re put him in pull ups or if that will set him back?

I’m 38 weeks pregnant and all the getting up and down and changing beds is hard work!

MrsOverTheRoad Mon 23-Oct-17 04:16:29

I would stop. Pull ups will be fine for now....tonnes of children are fine all day and in pull ups at night.

My DD's weren't reliable till well over 4.

You've enough on your plate!

keeppassingtheopenwindows1 Mon 23-Oct-17 04:20:14

That’s what I’m thinking- my mum is adamant that I shouldn’t go back to pull ups though as it will confuse him. It’s just such a lot of extra washing!

SandLand Mon 23-Oct-17 04:39:42

You can't train overnight. It's hormonal. Pull ups at night.

nextstopplease Mon 23-Oct-17 04:51:58

At night just use a new brand he has not seen before and call them night time pants - completely minimise it and when you see they are reliable dry in the morning - then try again, in a low key way of not putting them on.
Nothing you are doing will make them dry overnight - it is all about sleep/hormones/deep sleep etc...first thing in the morning can be when they wet though - so you can help a bit by as soon as they wake her the night time pants off and get them to do a morning wee. Lots are dry overnight and wet the bed early hours. But with a new baby on the way I would ignore until March time.

keeppassingtheopenwindows1 Mon 23-Oct-17 05:00:21

Right thank you I’ll try that. He wets throughout the night- he wakes up and shouts me to change him. I don’t want to confuse him but he just doesn’t seem ready- I think the two dry nights were just luck! I’ll try to get some new looking pull ups

amysmum18 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:41:28

I put a similar post on about my 4.5 DS. He's still in pullups at night despite being dry in the day since he turned 3. I'd go back to pullups if I was you. All the advice I've been given is that night time dryness is hormonal and can just take more time. It sounds to me like he's not ready yet, especially if the wet accidents are 1-2 times per night, I'd go back to pullups for now and see how he gets on. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now