Talk

Advanced search

Bed wetting help

(6 Posts)
Bumblebee53 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:31:18

Any mums have any advice for bed wetting my lg is 5 now and wets the bed most night the last drink is at tea time and toilet right before bed but come 4-5am bed is wet threw running out ov ideas has a pad on bed but every morning all the bedding has to go in wash it feels im just goin round in circles
Any advice please

mary45678 Sun 15-Oct-17 02:23:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ausparent Thu 19-Oct-17 19:14:00

I feel your pain! Our son is 7 and we are still not there yet!

Try and prepare so things are less stressful. We later waterproof sheets and use small duvets from Ikea which fit easily in the washing machine so changing the bed at night is quick and painless. It can feel so exhausting but you are not alone.

Visit www.eric.org.uk/ which is a website with loads of resources and a forum specifically for these issues and we have found it really helpful.

Good luck!

Lindy2 Thu 19-Oct-17 19:16:13

Quite a few 5 year olds still need pull ups at night. You can't make a child be dry at night simply by not putting a pull up on.

Orangebird69 Thu 19-Oct-17 19:22:13

It could be down to lack of ADH... some children just aren't physically mature enough to be dry at night. Have a look at the Eric website.

FluffyNinja Thu 19-Oct-17 19:26:10

Is your DS a heavy sleeper?
My DS was always a good solid sleeper but was 7 when he was finally able to sleep through the night without wetting. It happened virtually overnight and he was dry from then onwards. I’d keep your DS in night time nappies until they are dry all night. Some children are physically unable to wake up when they need to wee. We tried limiting drinks, taking him to the toilet at 11pm but it was pointless and once we accepted that he wasn’t ready, it was far less stressful.
He was daytime dry at 3yrs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: