Talk

Advanced search

Potty training essentials

(3 Posts)
Fleurchamp Wed 11-Oct-17 19:00:58

Hi all

We are about to embark on potty training our 2.3 yr old DS.
I have read some of the oh crap book but I cannot bear the thought of staying in for more than a couple of days so we shall be using the method known as "winging it".

We have a couple of potties and a couple of steps to reach the toilet/ sink for handwashing. I am thinking about getting a couple of insert things for the toilet - any recommendations?

What do you all use for cleaning up accidents? We have wooden floors and a big knobbly rug (you can just guess where the first non nappy #2 will be, can't you?).
Is there anything antibacterial/ odour reducing?
Are puppy pads any use? We are not attempting naps/ nights yet.

Also - what do you use to protect buggy and car seats?

Anything else we should get? apart from a litre of gin

TIA

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 11-Oct-17 21:13:16

You don’t need to be in the house for days with Oh Crap. My DD was in the garden during the afternoon of day 2 (in Feb!), out for walks/bike ride/nip to the shop on day 3. Think we went to a playgroup on day 5 so pretty much back to our normal routine by then!

We’ve got the Ikea toilet inserts. They’re fine.

Never needed any protection in the car seat or buggy but I think people recommend Maternity pads.

We just used a bit of antibacterial spray to clean up but after the first day, there really shouldn’t bee too many clean ups!

Good luck! smile

Fleurchamp Thu 12-Oct-17 02:26:20

Thanks teaandbiscuits - that is reassuring about being able to get out and about!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: