Talk

Advanced search

Will potty training ever end?

(2 Posts)
Mrswoofy Tue 19-Sep-17 14:21:36

DS was 3 in July and we started potty training soon after his birthday. So we've been at it for 2 months and still no tinkles in the potty or the toilet!

He doesn't like stickers so the usual chart is useless for us so we are offering kit kats but apart from poos I've spotted there's very little kit Kat eating going on.

To start with he had nightmares about potty training and gave up fluids for the first 6 weeks. I'm choosing to see this as a sign of intelligence as there was nothing on the web and it was a new one on the health visitor and even an occupational therapist.

So he's back on the fluids just in time to go back to nursery. So instead of being dry all day he's wet a lot. I'm used to the dirty protest now but nursery only lasted a day and wanted him back in pull ups. We compromised on putting pants on under the pull ups so he can tell he's wet. They treat him as a toilet trained child taking him regularly to the toilet but of course he doesn't tinkle or poo. He will happily cooperate in going through the motions but just seems to prefer wetting himself.
DS wants to be in big boy pants and demands I take off the pull ups when he gets home from nursery.

I just don't know what to do. I've tried books, apps, bribery, colour changing stickers....

I think it's just a lifestyle choice.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Winteriscomingneedmorewood Tue 19-Sep-17 14:24:41

Favourite TV programme on pause until he will at least sit on the potty. .
Worked for ds.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »