Talk

Advanced search

Do you let kids wee outdoors?

(8 Posts)
hecticmum007 Wed 23-Aug-17 22:52:01

My DS's who are 4 and 6 have on 9ccasions had to see up trees and up my car ECT, do you think this is Ok? What age does it become unacceptable? TH thinks it's fine but I think DS1 is getting too old to now :/ but once we made him hold it he wet himself

OP’s posts: |
NSEA Wed 23-Aug-17 22:54:54

I personally think that this is gross. But then my ds isn't potty trained yet. I would always find antoilet immediately for my daughter who had never had an accident. I wouldn't let her wet her clothes though, if thats what it came down to.

It reads like you just let them pee anywhere as soon as they declare they need a wee. Which I doubt, i think they're young enough to get away with it still.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 23-Aug-17 22:57:46

In the middle of no where behind a tree or bush and out of direct path of people I think it's ok.

In a busy public area and/or places where you could access a toilet in a short walk them no.

Kids who can't hold it ten mins to get to a suitable place are not ready for potty training or wearing pants outside the house.

Parents who let their kids piss in car parks of supermarkets just stones throw away from toilets are lazy and disgusting.

rachrach2 Wed 23-Aug-17 22:58:15

Depends what the alternative is. I was at a large park today and my 3 year old wanted a a wee, she wanted to just pull her pants down and go behind a tree. I said no and we walked 5 mins to the loos. We often walk in the forest and can be 30 mins from the loo - I let her go in the bushes then! When she was first potty trained I carried a portable potty for emergencies.

SnowiestMountain Wed 23-Aug-17 23:03:51

Only in an absolute emergency, if there is a toilet even a short walk away we'll go to it, I hard public weeing!!

SnowiestMountain Wed 23-Aug-17 23:04:06

**hate!!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 23-Aug-17 23:04:12

And under no circumstances are potties on shop floors or in restaurants by tables ever ok wink

minesapintofwine Wed 23-Aug-17 23:12:48

Yes I do. Dt1 has bladder issues and sometimes just can't make it to a nearby loo without wetting himself. Unfortunately I am exactly the same and it really is horrific. I have wet myself a few times blush. It's really not good.

However I always choose a discreet place behind a bush etc but I can gauge how desperate he is and often he can wait and I make him do so. In the car today on the way to the shop I said I was desperate to go. Dt1 pipes up "can you wait 5 minutes we're nearly there?" He's 5 grin

So like other posters have said,in an emergency is fine imo (as mother and son we just have too many emergencies) discreetly as possible (which may not be really really discreet depending on urgency. But if they can wait,no they must wait.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »